Rachel @ Parajunkee had this awesome idea of a New Year’s Challenge for book bloggers.
You can check out more details about the challenge at Book Blogger New Year’s Challenge.
Today’s challenge is YOUR PRO AND CONS OF BLOGGING LIST
- Get to meet new people who all love books as much or even more than I do (this is a quality that is lacking in most of my friends in real life).
- Able to discover new books and authors (before blogging I didn’t really read any indie or self-published books because I didn’t know about them. I didn’t know what gems they could be).
- Able to share my love for books and reading (at school, this can be considered a boring subject. It also makes me think I need new friends).
- Get to have real conversations with authors, aka celebrities in the eyes of a book “nerd”. (On Twitter, but it still counts for something right?)
- Able to get books earlier (not many, but still…)
- Able to meet new friends who share my passion for books and reading (have I mentioned how my friends in real life lack the important quality of loving books?)
- Able to talk to people about books without talking to them in real life. (Talking is just no my thing…)
- It’s very time consuming
- It makes me spend waaayyyy too much time on the computer.
- The pressure to post is not very fun.
- Learn of a lot of books that sound good and promising but never have the time to read.
- It requires a lot of care. (Between writing posts, there’s also writing reviews, creating graphics, promoting posts, etc…)
- Did I mention it’s very time consuming?
I think the pros outweigh the cons, don’t you!
What is on your pros and cons of blogging list?