So this is the first post of Novel News. If you want to learn more, just visit Novel News – The Breakdown. It’s basically where I will post news about bookish things that happened this week. If you have any suggestions on what to include, just tweet me or email me.
NEW BOOK DEALS:
In no particular order…
IN MOVIE NEWS:
- The production of The Mortal Instruments: City of Ashes was pushed back. For more info on the delay click here.
- Liana Liberato joins Chloë Moretz (Mia) and Jamie Blackley (Adam) in the If I Stay movie based on the book by Gayle Forman. For more news on Liana’s casting, click here or here.
- J.K. Rowling is set to be the screenwriter of a Harry Potter spin off prequel series named Fantastic Beasts & Where to Find Them. It is said to be set 70 years before the existence of Harry Potter himself. For more info, click here.
- The filming of The Fault in Our Stars by John Green seems to be going smoothly except for a bit of rain. For more info on that, check out the unofficial TFiOS movie site. In addition, John Green posted a video from the set of the movie. You can find it on YouTube here.
- The first official poster for The Book Thief by Markus Zusak as been released and revealed. For more on that, click here.
- Julianne Moore is set to play President Alma Coin in The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 & 2. For more info click here.
- The first two chapters of United We Spy (the last book in the Gallagher Girls series) by Ally Carter can be found on Ally’s website here. (The trailer for United We Spy can also be found here.)
- Hasfah Laziaf tweeted a new excerpt for her upcoming book Unbreathable on Twitter. It can be found here.
- Veronica Roth released the first Allegiant quotes on her blog. They can be found here.
- The first excerpt of Fire & Flood by Victoria Scott was released. To view it click here.
NEW BOOK DEALS:
- Maggie Stiefvater is set to publish a companion novel to the Shiver Trilogy with Scholastic. The companion novel is currently named Sinner and is said to be published July 1, 2014. More more info, click here.
So this post is a little rushed (it’s almost my bed time) and I got the idea near the end of the week so I was really prepared. But this is all I have. If you have anything you want to add, just comment below or tweet me or email me or just contact me is some way.
So how do you like this new feature?
Should I keep doing it?