Now that October is halfway through, it is time to think about what you are going to wear for Halloween. Are you going to be a witch or a vampire? Are you going to buy your costume or are you going to make it? Every year Halloween brings that set of problems. Here is one somewhat unique costume that is easy to put together.
Some background: Artemis, (or Diana as the Romans called her) is the goddess of the hunt, wildness, and wild animals, among other things. She is the daughter of Zeus, ruler of Olympus, and Leto, and twin sister of Apollo. The deer is her sacred animal. She is often depicted carrying a bow and a quiver of arrows (usually they were silver, but sometimes they were gold). Some stories describe Artemis as a blonde, while other describe her with darker hair, so there won’t be a need to buy a wig for this costume.
- Get some camouflage pants (silver is the best color to get). If you cannot find any camouflage pants, you can also use cargo pants. The pants has to make you seem like you can kick some butt.
- Find a flowy shirt, something that isn’t very tight around the stomach. However, since Artemis is a goddess that can kick some butt, a butt kicking shirt works as well.
- Find some boots or sandals to wear. Remember the weather can be unpredictable so be prepared.
- French your braid your hair if it is long enough. Or you can just leave it down.
- Go out and get some candy. 🙂