I decided to change things up and try out monthly recaps instead of weekly ones, which I’m now calling ‘State of the Blog’. I’m linking this one up to two memes: Stacking the Shelves hosted by Tynga’s Reviews and The Sunday Post hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer. 🙂
Looking Back on January
January came and went so so quickly. I feel like I blinked and the month was already over. Maybe it’s because I spent half the month on break and the other half getting back into the demands of school.
January has been an eventful month. Not only did it mark President Obama’s last weeks as president, it also proved the 2017 might not be much better than 2016.
Besides that, I tried to get back into blogging and did so successfully before I ran out of time. 🙁 I definetly need to find a more efficent way to blog.
That being said, the whole “ran out of time” thing might be beause I spent a good amount of time reading. Oh, and dedicating an enitre weekend to watch the U.S. Figure Skating Championships…
- [2 Jan] The Hundred Lies of Lizzie Lovett by Chelsea Sedoti ★★★
- [3 Jan] 2016 End of Year Survey
- [6 Jan] Is Originality is Dead? Part ONE
- [9 Jan] RoseBlood by A.G. Howard ★★★½
- [10 Jan] Ten 2016 Releases I Meant to Read But Didn’t
- [11 Jan] Fame or Shame? Names From These Broken Stars
- [12 Jan] I Won’t Be Going to BEA in 2017
- [13 Jan] Is Originality in YA Dead or Not? Part 2
- [17 Jan] 5 Underrated Books I Read in 2016
History is All You Left Me by Adam Silvera
I went on a book buying ban in January (spent way too much money on textbooks and other school materials). But I won History is All You Left Me from the lovely Liza Wiemer. <3
- RoseBlood by A.G. Howard
- The Bone Witch by Rin Chupeco
Looking Forward to February
Publish at least two posts a week. Stay sane. Get an adequete amount of sleep.
Posts to Look Out For
- Top Ten Tuesdays
- Discussion – Republishing Old Posts
- My review of The Bone Witch
- … and hopefully many others! 🙂
How was your January?
What are you looking forwards to in February?