I decided to change things up and try out monthly recaps instead of weekly ones, which I’m now calling ‘State of the Blog’. I’m linking this one up to two memes: Stacking the Shelves hosted by Tynga’s Reviews and The Sunday Post hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer. 🙂
Looking Back on May… oh and April
Oh gosh, it’s been a while. I have so much to say. A few weeks ago, I finished my freshman year of college. It was all kinds of crazy and I have so much I want to share.
Besides school, I’ve also sort of sorted out this blog’s identity crisis. While I think Paging Serenity will always remain as a book blog at its core, it is going to head to a more lifestyle / college-and-school related. You can still pretty much (for the most part) expect:
- bookish discussions on Mondays
- Top Ten Tuesday posts on, can you guess?, Tuesdays
- a toss up of tutorials, blogging discussions, and book reviews on Thursdays
- and whatever-Thursday-night-Emily-can-throw-together posts on Fridays
But I’ll also be throwing in life and college oriented posts on Wednesdays. And maybe Fridays too (depending on what procrating Emily wants.
All in all, I’m an extremely excited to jump back into blogging. It has been something I’ve missed dearly during my hiatus.
- [2 Mar] The Bone Witch (The Bone Witch, #1) by Rin Chupeco ★★½
- [4 Mar] State of the Blog
- [14 Mar] Springing into My Spring TBR
- [17 Mar] Saying Goodbye + Expanding My Horizons
Requiem by Lauren Oliver
Empress of a Thousand Skies by Rhoda Belleza
Spindle Fire by Lexa Hillyer
The picture is a bit misleading since I actually got History is All You Left Me a few months ago. But last monthh, I went to a wonderful book signing with all four of those lovely authors and promtly broke my book buying ban. 😕 It was totally worth it.
- Proof of Lies by Diana Rodriguez
- By Your Side by Kasie West
Looking Forward to June
It’s not really apart of June, but the last day of May so that kind of counts. Right? Anyways, on Wednesday I’m headed to New York City for Blogbound Con and a tour of Bloomsbury. It’ll cut my envy for everyone going to BEA. 😆
I’m looking forward to a relaxing summer but I want to start scheduling posts in advance to prepare for what will happen in September. I don’t want to abandon this blog just because I start school again.
I also want to be more active in the community. I’m been kind of just floating in my own bubble this last year and I want to change that.
And last but not least, I want to tinker with my blog design a little. What says the start of a new era like a new (ish) blog design?
Posts to Look Out For
- Armchair BEA
- Review: Proof of Lies
- Review – By Your Side
- Investigated – Difference of Opinions
- Dangers of Social Media
- My Freshman Year of College – Satisfaction, Regrets, and Everything in Between
- Dear New High School Graduates?
- … and hopefully many others! 🙂
How was your May?
What are you looking forwards to in June?