I decided to change things up and try out monthly recaps instead of weekly ones, which I’m now calling ‘State of the Blog’. I’m linking this one up to two memes: Stacking the Shelves hosted by Tynga’s Reviews and The Sunday Post hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer. 🙂
Looking Back on July
July flew by so fast. I can’t believe I only have a few more weeks of freedom before I have to go back to school. It’s kind of sad – I had all these big plans for the summer and now I realize they are so far out of reach. Mainly because I’m lazy and unmotivated and just dragged my feel all day all month. The end result: nothing got done. How are people so productive all the time?
- [1 Jul] State of the Blog – June 2017
- [3 Jul] Do you bring books with you on vacation?
- [25 Jul] The End and New Beginning of My Love Affair With Reading
- [26 Jul] 5 Dorm Essentials You Didn’t Know You Needed
- [27 Jul] What Goes Up by Katie Kennedy ★★★★★
- [29 Jul] How Is It August Already????
I broke my book buying ban yet again thanks to Prime Day. Amazon had a great promotion on books that I couldn’t pass up so I snagged a copy of Want by Cindy Pon (it takes place in Taipei, my parents’ place of birth!) and What Goes Up by Katie Kennedy (my favorite read of the year so far!). I also won an ARC of Little & Lion by Brandy Colbert from NOVL’s newsletter. Stayed tuned for my review this Thursday.
- Wnat by Cindy Pon
- To All the Boys I Loved Before by Jenny Han
- P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han
- Little & Lion by Brandy Colbert
- Always and Forever, Lara Jean by Jenny Han
Looking Forward to August
One of my uncles is getting married in August so my mom’s hosting a mini family reunion at my house. Which means I’ll totally be out of it for at least a week. And then after that it’s packing and prep time to move back into my dorm. Oh geez, this month is going to be crazy. I have so much stuff to do and so little time to do it all. Let the panicking begin.
My goal for the summer was simple: start scheduling posts ahead of time so I’ll be able to handle the madness of move-in day and have time to catch up with friends during the syllbus week. Yeah… about that. It seemed simple at first – all I had to do was write two posts a day. That didn’t happen so I’m kind of scrambling right now. At least I managed to read and review all my ARCs in time?
Posts to Look Out For
- Review – Little & Lion by Brandy Colbert
- Review – The Hearts We Sold by Emily Lloyd-Jones
- Things to do Before You Move In?
- Everything I’m Bringing to College + Ultimate Dorm Checklist?
- … and hopefully many others! 🙂
How was your July?
What are you looking forwards to in August?