I decided to change things up and try out monthly recaps instead of weekly ones, which I’m now calling ‘State of the Blog’. I’m linking this one up to two memes: Stacking the Shelves hosted by Tynga’s Reviews and The Sunday Post hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer. 🙂
Looking Back on July
July was crazy. It’s funny because I normally don’t do that many things with my friends over summer break. Maybe we’ll have like a beach day or something but that’s about it. But this year we went all out.
I think I’ve had a fun hang out with friends every week since we graduated. And along the way, I got to check some things off of my bucket list.
I got to go to BlogBoundCon, a convention for book bloggers in NYC and meet a lot of new friends. I got to go to my first concert (does seeing Troye Sivan at Six Flags count?).
Overall this month, and this summer so far has been super fun and busy (in the best way). But it also can’t help but feel bittersweet at the same time. I’ve spend the last few weeks trying to make memories with my friends, who in another few weeks, I won’t be seeing on a daily basis. Or even a monthly one, as we all head off to different colleges.
July has been my best month this year, blogwise. I stil such at commenting so that goal isn’t going away anytime soon. But this month, I’ve managed to finally stay on top of everything and get posts published. I also started participating in Top Ten Tuesday, which I’ve found to be super fun.
- [1 Jul] The Book Thief by Markus Zusak ★★★★★
- [2 Jul] June 2016 – The Most Eventful Month of My Life
- [4 Jul] Suffering from Bookish Amnesia
- [5 Jul] It’s a Shame These Books Have Less Than 20,000 Ratings on Goodreads
- [6 Jul] I’ll Be Going to @blogboundcon on Sunday!
- [11 Jul] Staying Current and in the Know Reading Wise
- [12 Jul] The Self Centered Post
- [13 Jul] Wandering Around NYC – #blogboundcon Recap
- [14 Jul] 10 Things Book Bloggers Should NEVER Do
- [15 Jul] Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson ★★★½
- [19 Jul] Time to Take a Trip Outside the USA
- [20 Jul] How do you find out about events?
- [25 Jul] Another Rant About Adaptations of Books
- [26 Jul] Nerve by Jeanne Ryan ★★★★
- [27 Jul] Why I’m Nervous About Nerve (2016 Movie)
- [29 Jul] Freaking Out About ARC August 2016
- [30 Jul] July 2016 – A Month of Crazy
- We Know It Was You by Maggie Thrash
- Moon Chosen by P.C. Cast
- The Diabolic by S.J. Kincaid
- We Are Still Tornadoes by Michael Kun
- Scythe by Neal Shusterman
I picked up these ARCs at BlogBoundCon. I also brought The Girl from Everywehere by Heidi Heilig at The Strand. 🙂
Looking Forward to August
Not to die. Yes, that’s my goal for next month. Another one is not to lose my mind.
There’s just so many things I need to do in August that just thinking about it all is making me feel overwhelmed.
Long story short, I want to use August to prepare for September since that’s when I’ll be going to college and probably won’t have any extra time. Therefore for August, I want to read and review all of my ARCs with fall pub dates, write and schedule posts for September, and catch up on commenting.
Posts to Look Out For
- ARC August updates (aka see how much I’m failing)
- All the WordPress Plugins I Use
- College related stuff
- … and hopefully many others! 🙂
June was full of excitement. July was full of fun. August… August seems like it’s going to be full of work. And bittersweetness.
Oh, and happy early birthday to Mr. Harry Potter.
How was your July?
What are you looking forwards to in August?