Artemis – the Greek goddess
(not that I have a problem with Artemis Fowl)
Some background: Artemis, (or Diana as the Romans called her) is the goddess of the hunt, wildness, and wild animals, among other things. She is the daughter of Zeus, ruler of Olympus, and Leto, and twin sister of Apollo. The deer is her sacred animal. She is often depicted carrying a bow and a quiver of arrows (usually they were silver, but sometimes they were gold). Some stories describe Artemis as a blonde, while other describe her with darker hair, so there won’t be a need to buy a wig for this costume.
- Get some camouflage pants (silver is the best color to get). If you cannot find any camouflage pants, you can also use cargo pants. The pants has to make you seem like you can kick some butt.
- Find a flowy shirt, something that isn’t very tight around the stomach. However, since Artemis is a goddess that can kick some butt, a butt kicking shirt works as well.
- Find some boots or sandals to wear. Remember the weather can be unpredictable so be prepared.
- French your braid your hair if it is long enough. Or you can just leave it down.
- Go out and get some candy. 🙂
*This is a modernized version of Artemis’ clothing.
Feel free to leave suggestions.
Joke of the Day:
What do skeletons order at a restaurant?
Check back tomorrow for the answer.