In honor of the last book involving Percy Jackson’s publication this week, this week’s costume is, wait for it… inspired by Percy Jackson! Now, it’s been a while since I’ve read the series so please forgive me if I got some of the details wrong.
Percy’s described as having messy black hair and sea green eyes. So if you want to wear a wig and contacts, you know what to get. As for his clothing and items well… Note, you might have to make some changes to ones posted below.
- Orange T-shirt – You should right CAMP HALF-BLOOD on the front of it
- Blue Jeans
- Sand Dollar (optional)- let’s pretend Percy didn’t use the one Poseidon gave him…
- Converse / Sneakers – I was going to give him flip flops, but then I remembered he gets chased by monsters a lot. Flip flops aren’t the best shoes to wear when you’re running for you life…
- Necklace – you, know Percy’s Camp Half-Blood necklace… a leather cord with beads for every year he has been at Camp…(yeah, I know, it requires a bit of imagination
- Backpack – because he needs somewhere to store nectar and ambrosia… and because you need somewhere to put all the candy you get
- Watch – remember Tyson’s gift to Percy? You know, the watch that doubles as a shield…
- Ballpoint Pen – because Percy needs his sword, but I don’t really think people would really appriecate if it you carried it in sword form. Write Anaklusmos on it’s side and remember it has a cap – it’s not one of click pens.
Annabeth has curly blond hair and grey eyes…
- Orange T-Shirt – like Percy, Annabeth usually wears an orange t-shirt with the words CAMP HALF-BLOOD written on the front
- Blue Jeans – preferably, not skinny jeans as it is harder to run in those…
- Yankee’s Cap – Annabeth’s invisibility cap that Athena gave her… don’t wear it one your head because when you do you should become invisible…
- Converse / Sneakers – a good pair of shoes to run from monsters in
- Camp Half-Blood Necklace – should have more beads than Percy’s, FYI, if you’re going in as a pair.
- Backpack – not only does Annabeth need to carry around nectar and ambrosia, she also needs to carry Daedalus’ laptop and her other architecture stuff. You could also use a yellow duffel bag
- Daedalus’ Laptop (optional) – although, I wouldn’t really recommend bringing it with you when you go Trick-or-Treating… just saw the owl and couldn’t resist adding it…
- Knife & College (optional) – Annabeth’s knife that Luke gave her and her dad’s college ring that she added to her Camp Half-Blood necklace
- An orange t-shirt with the words CAMP HALF-BLOOD printed on the front
- Jeans, preferably blue
- A Camp Half-Blood necklace, if this isn’t your first year
- Comfortable shoes fit for fitting monsters in
- A bag to keep your candy
- And maybe a some symbol of your godly parent, if you really want
Any Other Camper
I didn’t really have the time to make sets for other other characters of the series, but if you just want to dress up as a regular camper, all you need are…
What do you think?
Do you have any other ideas?