Today is Day 8 of the 15 Day Book Blogger Challenge hosted by Good Books and Good Wine. If you want to learn more about it, click HERE. We are now more than halfway through with the challenge. Which is a good thing since I don’t know how much longer I can keep this up…
The topic for Day 8 is…
Quick! Write 15 bullet points about things that appeal to you on blogs.
Things that appeal to me on blogs. Hmmm.
- When there is NO NOISE. I cannot express how much it annoys me when I visit blogs that have their own music or whatever sound. Just no.
- A sidebar that is not cluttered. Although I don’t really deserve to say that since I am still working on organizing mine.
- A good design in general. It doesn’t have to be a professional one, nor look like a pro design, but it has to have some of the design basics. Like font that is easy to read and doesn’t make you want to cringe.
- I really like reading blogging tips. Tips about how to be a better blogger or how do certain things on your blog.
- Only a few amount of memes. Memes are great, I love them – they are responsible for a lot of the traffic I get. But too many memes are boring and well, not unique. Which brings us to the next point…
- Original content. Something that makes that blog unique. Still working on that here though.
- Not a lot of giveaways. Okay, who doesn’t like giveaways? I’m not saying I don’t like them, just that I don’t like blogs that use them to get followers.
- Easy to comment. I don’t like blogs that make it hard to comment. Lots of time I want to leave a comment but then I run into some problems. Cough cough CAPTCHA. I hate those.
- Search bar. It makes it so much easier to find things on a blog. I really like them – I have two of them!
- Personal posts. Posts that make make me feel like I’m getting to know the blogger behind the blog a little better. Better than just knowing what they think about certain books.
- Length of posts. It really annoys me when I start to reading a post and then realize it is a LOT longer than I thought it was. (When the scroll bar is really really tiny.)
- Easy to follow. Even if I do want to follow your blog, making me spend more than 3 minutes trying to find out HOW to follow, will not get you a follow from me.
- Easy to find what I’m looking for. Just like I don’t want to spend a lot of time figuring out how to follow, I don’t want to spend a lot of time looking for an email. Or trying to find out more about you. This happens a lot when there is no search bar. (Look at #9.)
- Spelling. I’m not looking for blogs that have an editor, nor am I suggesting everyone get one. Cause then I would be a hypocrite. (I admit, sometimes it’s obvious I don’t have an editor.) Correct spelling is one of my pet peeves. Which is funny since I can’t really spell… but there’s something called SPELL CHECK!
- Content that is… Fun. Funny. Humorous… It’s self explanatory.