The topic for Day 8 is…
Quick! Write 15 bullet points about things that appeal to you on blogs.
Things that appeal to me on blogs. Hmmm.
- When there is NO NOISE. I cannot express how much it annoys me when I visit blogs that have their own music or whatever sound. Just no.
- A sidebar that is not cluttered. Although I don’t really deserve to say that since I am still working on organizing mine.
- A good design in general. It doesn’t have to be a professional one, nor look like a pro design, but it has to have some of the design basics. Like font that is easy to read and doesn’t make you want to cringe.
- I really like reading blogging tips. Tips about how to be a better blogger or how do certain things on your blog.
- Only a few amount of memes. Memes are great, I love them – they are responsible for a lot of the traffic I get. But too many memes are boring and well, not unique. Which brings us to the next point…
- Original content. Something that makes that blog unique. Still working on that here though.
- Not a lot of giveaways. Okay, who doesn’t like giveaways? I’m not saying I don’t like them, just that I don’t like blogs that use them to get followers.
- Easy to comment. I don’t like blogs that make it hard to comment. Lots of time I want to leave a comment but then I run into some problems. Cough cough CAPTCHA. I hate those.
- Search bar. It makes it so much easier to find things on a blog. I really like them – I have two of them!
- Personal posts. Posts that make make me feel like I’m getting to know the blogger behind the blog a little better. Better than just knowing what they think about certain books.
- Length of posts. It really annoys me when I start to reading a post and then realize it is a LOT longer than I thought it was. (When the scroll bar is really really tiny.)
- Easy to follow. Even if I do want to follow your blog, making me spend more than 3 minutes trying to find out HOW to follow, will not get you a follow from me.
- Easy to find what I’m looking for. Just like I don’t want to spend a lot of time figuring out how to follow, I don’t want to spend a lot of time looking for an email. Or trying to find out more about you. This happens a lot when there is no search bar. (Look at #9.)
- Spelling. I’m not looking for blogs that have an editor, nor am I suggesting everyone get one. Cause then I would be a hypocrite. (I admit, sometimes it’s obvious I don’t have an editor.) Correct spelling is one of my pet peeves. Which is funny since I can’t really spell… but there’s something called SPELL CHECK!
- Content that is… Fun. Funny. Humorous… It’s self explanatory.
So those are my 15 “bullets”. What are your’s?