Today’s topic is…
Tell us about your deal breakers.
Deal breakers for what? Deal breakers to read a book? Or not to read a book? When it comes to reading, I’m not very picky. With that in mind, I guess I’ll start with the deal breakers to read a book first.
Deal breakers to read a book…
- It’s written by an author whose previous work won him/her my admiration/adoration.
- It’s the next installment to a series that I’ve been reading.
- It’s synopsis is intriguing to me.
- When it’s a YA book.
That’s pretty much it. Like I said before, I’m not a picky reader. I basically read anything YA except…
Deal breakers NOT to read a book…
- It’s written by an author whose previous work gave me a headache.
- It’s part of a series that I don’t/didn’t enjoy reading.
- It’s synopsis is boring.
- It’s a horror book.
- It involves a love triangle.
- It seems like it is going to be overly filled with romance.
- It has something to do with Twilight.
- It’s a horror book. (Did I say that already?)
Okay, okay, I admit it, the love triangle part doesn’t always apply. Only when I don’t like where it’s going or if I feel like the story revolves around it. As for the other parts, they are pretty much self explanatory. Did I mention I really, really don’t like horror books? No? Well, they tend to give me nightmares and I really like my sleep. Laugh all you want, but anything that disrupts my sleep is something I like to avoid.